I have fantastic news as I have been nominated for the Sisterhood Blog Award. I am incredibly grateful to be included in this award and would like to say a massive thank you to Sam for the nomination. This is fantastic and means so much to be included in the list of nominees. I wish I could nominate Sam again as her blog is fantastic so check it out at http://samannelizabeth.wordpress.com/.
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site
Post the award on your blog
Answer the 10 questions you’ve been asked
Nominate 10 other bloggers and as them 10 questions!
Here are the 10 questions put forward for me by Sam,
- What book have you re-read most often?
Ohhh this is a tricky question, there are two books I have re-read the most and they would be Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. I’m a bit a classic literature lover.
- Favorite book to movie adaptation?
One of my favorite book to movie adaptations would have to be Bridget Jones Diary, that book had me in kinks with laughter but to see it on the big screen was amazing. To top it off Renee Zellweger did a fantastic job as Bridget not to mention, who doesn’t love a movie with Hugh Grant and Colin Firth.
- Do you have a pet?
I have a lovely, adorable and affectionate dog called Gizmo who is a cross between a Pomeranian and a Bichon Frise. He is my reading buddy as there is nothing I love more than curling up on the sofa with a blanket and Gizmo on my knee.
I also have a cute little hamster called Gertrude who despite the name is a boy and I also keep Indian Stick Insects which strangely are all female and asexually reproduce so every now and then the population uncontrollably increases.
I love animals and couldn’t imagine my life or my home without animals, luckily my boyfriend shares the same appreciation so I can’t wait to see what animals cross our door in the future.
- What’s on your bookshelves besides books?
Next to my books is a globe lamp, some owl ornaments, candles, some photos and little heart bookends. I also keep my bookmarks on the shelves so as I don’t lose them. This may sound like a lot but I have two bookcases in my house, one upstairs and one downstairs.
- What’s the worst book you’ve read this year?
I hate saying bad things about books because the author has spent a lot of time to create something they are proud of, however the book I have given the least amount of stars to this year is A Cold Wind Blows by Stephen Craig.
- Who do you talk about books with the most?
There are two people in my life that I talk the most about books with and they are my mum and my cousin. Whether they like it or not they usually have to listen to me fan-girling when I read an amazing book and the majority of the time I am thrusting books into their hands and forcing them to read them. They never seem to complain about the recommendations though.
- What’s your favorite thing to do when you’re not reading?
When I’m not reading and I have some free time there are two things I like to do; curl up and watch a movie or go out for coffee and maybe a look around the shops. This usually ends with me in a bookstore though.
- Do you practice any athletic sports or hobbies?
As far as sports go, I haven’t played anything competitively since I was at school but I do go to the gym now to try and stay healthy. In the hobby section I like to volunteer and I have also started attending Irish Language classes.
- If you could snap your fingers and have one book RIGHT NOW, what would it be?
Before this week I probably would have wished for My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins but since Rainbow Rowell’s tweet this week I would love to snap my fingers and get the new Simon Snow book. I could not be more excited about this.
- Are you going to check out the other nominees?
Most definitely, it’s nice to know there are bloggers out there that share your interest in reading and reviewing. I also like to support other bloggers hard work so congratulations everyone and keep up the good work.
Now it’s my turn to award this to ten fellow bloggers. It’s really exciting to pass this award to:
- Didi at https://didibooksenglish.wordpress.com/
- Marjma at http://kyrosmagica.wordpress.com/
- Quinn at http://quinnsbooks.wordpress.com/
- Ashley at http://wordsweheart.wordpress.com/
- Sarah at http://treesofreverie.com/
- Karen at http://karenswritingblog.wordpress.com/
- Damyanti at https://damyantiwrites.wordpress.com/
- Courtney at http://misssophiablog.com/
- Jackie at https://bookreviews1966.wordpress.com/
Congratulations to all of these brilliant nominees, you deserve it! I’m honored to nominate you for this award. Here are your ten questions.
- What is the first book you remember reading?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- If you could recommend one book what would it be?
- Name one person that has been an inspiration to you.
- What book are you most looking forward to in 2015?
- When reading what is your favourite beverage?
- Series or stand-alone novels?
- Books above 500 pages or below 500 pages?
- What book would you like to see made into a movie or TV drama?
- If you could have dinner with one author, dead or alive who would it be and why?
Huge thank you to Sam at http://samannelizabeth.wordpress.com/ Thank you once again for the nomination and Congratulations on yours earlier in the week.
Keep on reading everyone and Merry Christmas!